Located in Walnut Creek, MSK Design Build is an exceptional company- winner of 27 design and build awards, including Contractor of The Year. We’re in the process of expanding our construction team, and we are seeking an experienced lead carpenter. Having strong framing skills is a BIG plus. We hire professional, positive, motivated individuals with a minimum of 10 years of experience in carpentry, with a desire to continue developing their skills.
SKILLS: (DON’T NEED TO HAVE ALL)
- Strong communication skills with clients, sub trades, and co-workers
- Ability to manage all parts of a project
- Ability to read and understand plans
- Prepare material lists and takeoffs
- Rough framing – ability to build shear walls, frame additions etc. according to plans
- Finish cabinetry and cabinetry installation
- Interior trim, baseboards, casing, and molding
- Install doors and windows
- Appliance installation
- Basic plumbing skills, plumbing water, waste and gas
- speak, read and write English
- valid CA driver’s license, own your own vehicle
- legal to work in this country
- own hand and power tools commensurate with your experience
- provide references from previous happy employers
The position reports to the Project Manager, working full-time Monday through Friday. We are seeking a strong, dependable, and organized individual with a CAN DO attitude. We find great workers and keep them long-term. If you are bright and motivated, would like to be part of a great team, and have the ability to work independently, you’ll be a good fit.
ADDED BONUS: we work in central Contra Costa County: Walnut Creek, Lafayette, Moraga, Orinda, Concord, Pleasant Hill, Pleasanton, Danville, Alamo, San Ramon, Martinez, Clayton.
If this description fits your abilities, we’d like to hear from you!
The job pays hourly, and pay will be determined by your level of skill and experience. Benefits include six paid holidays, medical benefits, paid time off (PTO), 401K with matching.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $39.00 – $45.00 per hour